September Part 14 – Glad Week One is Over

I left off on Thursday morning. My day off antibiotics. The warmth and comfort of my bed. Getting off my sore, tired, shaky, wonky eyed, unmotivated ass and did things I needed to get done. Maybe someday I will have a tall, dark, handsome, and possibly shirtless daytime assistant to help me with my work, household chores and take me to and push me around in my chair to places I miss when Dave is not around.

Who am I kidding, I can’t afford a housekeeper. Maybe a male model looking for volunteer work? Eh, even though things are hard I would rather do them myself. Takes more time and effort, but I feel better this way. I managed to at least switch the laundry over and sweep when I finally started my day.

I am just having a hard time this month, but I did pretty good in getting what I needed to get done at work. It is the end of the quarter for business, so a lot of reports needed to get done. I have to wait and have all my work checked now, but one thing off my chest. And I think I did okay! ๐Ÿ™‚

The rest of the day went right downhill. I think even just sitting and working at in the office still just wears me out physically and mentally. It is really hard to concentrate and make sure things are done right when you are nowย  completely dyslexic. I felt really feverish (achy and freezing), and took my temperature to make sure I wasn’t actually running a fever that I should be worried about. 96.3. An hour laterโ€ฆ 96.4. Well then! No fever! Needless to say, it was another Thursday that I passed on wings. I kept feeling worse and worse. I was bummed out that I didn’t get more done around the house, but after a year I have finally learned what my limits are for the most part.

I was definitely in need for an intense detoxing. I could feel the lymph nodes on the sides of my neck and they felt like little golf balls. They hurt so bad, I could feel my throat closing to the point all I wanted to eat was soft food for dinner as it made me not all that hungry. A can of green beans was my choice. Pretty exciting, huh? My head felt like it was in a vice, causing my eyes to hurt. I at least put myself to good use and did a lactated ringer, which took about 40 minutes once again. This is the one that you CAN run full boar- and it takes most 2 to upwards of 3 hours to complete them. When I first started doing them, it took me about 2 1/2 hours. Now it has obviously dwindled down quite a bit.

And I knew I was in need for another diflucan.


Rash has come back, pretty bad. My tongue is starting to turn a little yellow-y again, I can see the white and red spots, and the very back of my tongue almost feels furry. Tincture. Diflucan. I haven’t even had an ounce of gluten to blame.

It was a painful, cold, and long evening, but I stuck it out for Grey’s Anatomy’s season premiere, totally worth it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Friday was an “on antibiotic” day. I felt better than I did on Thursday. My morning IV and antibiotics went well. I was able to wash my hair and got ready with a little more adequate bath. I was still tired and sore, but I was able to put in a little more time at work as I was more focused. I was starting to get burnt out on my short drive home, however, and decided trying to go to the bank and the pharmacy were probably not a good idea and it could wait.

I decided to be especially careful doing my IVs at night, since Dave wasn’t home. After my scare, I went even slower than normal and it took over three hours. Driiiiiiiippppppp, drriiiiiiipppppppppp, driiiiiiiiiiipppppppp. It makes me want to sing that annoying “Lamb Chop Play Along” song with some adjustments made.. “this is the IV bag that neveeerrrr ennndddds, it just goes on and on my friendssss!” Ugh! I learned my lesson that patience is a virtue, or else your insides will catch on fire, making it hard the breathe, and put you in a world of pain that will cause you to black out. I really hope that I don’t have this Zithro IV next month, not only for the fact that it is pretty aggressive, but this one is sooo sloowwww. I would rather do 5 half hour bags than this one big bag. I know it’s the same, but trust meโ€ฆ it’s not the same.

Between morning and night, being hooked up to IVs over 4 hours a day give or take is tiring. The rest of the night I just wanted to go to bed, but I couldn’t get my mind to a place that I could just fall asleep. I did some writing, and I started to feel a lot of pain in my fingers and wrists and was shaky, so I decided instead of using the “Lyme Brain Google Translator”, I would just call it a night on that one.

All that I looked forward to was the weekend, having two days off antibiotics. Even though I have been feeling worse without them, it is a nice break, regardless as to how I feel, if that makes any sense at all.ย  And a Sunday off from work! Pretty psyched about that one.

Today I got to sleep in, which was nice. I have to run a few errands and head into work for a bit, but my goal is to not overdo it. Hopefully going to get dinner with some friends and maybe have Dave take me to get my rings cleaned (even though they are too big and can’t be resized any smaller) but will be an early night.

Hopefully the weekend will be fairly well.. I seem to be doing worse on my off days, but it seems like when I am busy or hanging out with friends, things suck a little less. At least my mind is a better place. Monday is the start of my second week, and I will be adding Flagyl to the end of the week. Not looking forward to that one! I’ll keep you updated ๐Ÿ˜‰

Have a wonderful weekend!

8 thoughts on “September Part 14 – Glad Week One is Over

      • I don’t know anything yet. I have to be cleared through financial and see what or if insurance will cover anything.

        But I also have to decide between the picc and the port. They said with a picc that I couldn’t lift more than 10lbs. Not sure what to choose?

      • I have had both. I personally like the port better. Mine is called a powerline. You can leave it in for much longer than a regular port.

        With the PICC, I feel like it is harder to do things, like wash your hair for fear of getting it wet. You are also constantly moving your arms. I cared for mine very carefully, and every week when I got my dressing changed it stung a lot when they cleaned it.

        With the port, it is kind of sucky because you really can’t wash your chest. I use alcohol swabs or all natural baby wipes. Another negative is it is hard to shave your armpit lol. I do so pretty carefully and rinse with a wash cloth, but since winter is coming I might go furry on that side to give myself a break hahaha But since your chest doesn’t move, it heals a lot better.

        I like the port because I can do things like wash my own hair and it is easier to take a bath (you can’t really take a shower with a line in, those are the people that generally get infections because of getting it wet, causing bacteria).

        Whatever you choose, get press and seal wrap, has to be that kind and not the cling wrap. Keeps the water out.

        Insurance should cover a line and dressing changes. They probably won’t cover the meds though. It is very helpful having at least the dressing changes. Make sure you get heparin as well, my last idiot doctor that gave me the PICC didn’t. It prevents line clogging. Good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

  1. Have a nice weekend! Hopefully everything will be good for you. You are so couragous! I don’t work and would be able to do what you do.

    • It’s tough but I push through it. I don’t really have much of a choice, but it makes me feel a lot better as I feel like I still have some independence left. This disease and all its co-infections have already taken too much from me and I love to work so I do what I have to, to be able to make it happen. Hope you have a good weekend too! Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s