November Part 22 – Weekend of Freedom

Boy, I NEEDED this break. It has been a long few weeks. I was happy that I had a break for the weekend, before restarting everything again for round two.

I slept in as long as I possibly could, as I new my body really needed it. I woke up feeling better than I had in the past few days but still having lingering effects and herxing from the Coartem. It was also another morning Marinol came to my rescue. I was happy that I had a break for the weekend, before restarting everything again for round two.

I did everything I needed to get done at work, went right home, and did a long awaited lactated ringer. I figured it would help with my lymph node inflammation but didn’t help as much as I would have liked. My massage therapist was going to have her work cut out for her this week for sure!

I relaxed for the rest of the afternoon and my husband and I joined the “Make a Wish” couple πŸ™‚ We all went to a tiny, kind of whole in the wall Casino. I mean tiny. But very small bets. One dollar minimum. The biggest bonus of them all?? I could SIT!! We went to their restaurant to eat and not being on the Coartem and the nausea subsiding from the morning, I had a bit more of an appetite. πŸ™‚

Also on a good note…..I won 30$! woohooo! If only I could hit it BIG and be able to afford my treatment on my own. And pay back my family, particularly my Father, for the sportscar he is missing that is that is currently residing in my chest through my IVs. One can wish, right?

It took us a little while to get home because it was the first snow of the season, which tends to set everyone in a frenzy like they have never dealt with it home, but we still weren’t home very late.

I was anticipating an early night but i ended up staying up into the wee hours in the morning. Dave came in on Sunday morning in the bedroom and asked, “Are you going to work today?”. Shoot. Alarm was going off once again. He is usually my more on-time alarm with coffee on Sunday mornings but he had to run some errands. Oops.

It was a good day at work. I got a lot done, got help organizing things that need to be done, and was a lot more focused. At work, my Mom said I was walking really stiff. I didn’t really realize it since I have had a lot of walking issues but on my way home, I noticed I was indeed walking like the Tinwoman as I had to go to my bank in town to deposit my paycheck.

I came home to a clean house. I love my husband. πŸ™‚ When I was off to work, he took the time to sweep, vacuum, tidy up, and made the bed. It made me pretty happy as I didn’t really feel like doing it even though it drastically needed to be done.

The rest of the day was spent recuperating. It was a FREEZING and WINDY day. Huge gusts of wind and the cold this year remind me that I still have some little buggies still in all my joints. I watched “The Oman” under a million blankets with Dave and then he made a simple breakfast for dinner (no, I didn’t think the eggs were rotten this time around πŸ™‚ LOL), Then, an “Indiana Jones” movie.

I was glad for the recouping afternoon and evening.Β  Sometimes it is the greatest thing to do nothing at all. Monday was back to the grind! Everything that I had gone through in the past three weeks I would be starting all over again. Round one might have kicked my butt, but I am POSITIVE that round two will be easier. Dr J promised me “blue skies” soon. And I am ready for them. πŸ™‚

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s