December Part One – “Just Making Sure You are Okay”

I didn’t get to bed until after 4:00 a.m. and had to be up to do IVs and button up everything at work. I felt terrible, the lack of sleep probably didn’t help at all. As soon as I went to bed, I was having hallucinations of something or someone hovering over Dave and I, trying to hurt me. I closed my eyes and I could still see the figure along with all sorts of colors. It took me awhile to shoo my visions away and finally fall asleep.


 I woke up in a giant sweat bath. Soaked tee shirt, sweat dripping from my forehead, my pillow case soaked. Gross. I took my anti-nausea medication and kind of stared at my IVs and my other fun antibiotics of the day, not knowing where I should begin. Maybe I could just go back to bed for the day and do them some other time? LOL Wishful thinking 🙂


My Cipro IV came first. I was nauseous and sore but at least got sidetracked by looking online for Cyber Monday deals. I was on a mission to get my soon-to-be 5 year old nephew a drum set for Christmas. That is the type of gift an Aunt gets her nephew as I am far, far away so the noise won’t drive me crazy, and I know he will love it!


Once my IV was completed, it was time to take my crappy not even to my belly button bath, and was ready to take the rest of my morning antibiotics. Mepron, an anti-malarial that is used to treat Babesia, needs to be eaten with a “fatty snack”. I have been eating a scoop of peanut butter to have with it. Holy moly I did not want that peanut butter. Even opening the jar just made me want to throw up. I forced myself to eat a tiny bit, then fed the rest to my dog that didn’t mind eating it. All meds down. No puking. Gold star. Woohoo! 


When I was about to leave for work, Dave called me. I thought it was a bit odd as it was about an hour before his lunch break, so I was worried something happened at work. When he called, he told me that I had been talking in my sleep and most of the morning. Not yelling, like I usually do, but almost sounded sad. He said most of it was mumbles, but he clearly heard me say, “I am really sorry I can’t do more to help.” Well, there is definitely truth to that one I must say. 


He knew I obviously wasn’t having a peaceful, restorative sleep, and from my panic of the night before, so he called to say, “Just making sure you are okay”. He knew that this week is going to be a rough one for me, and it is a good feeling knowing he is looking out and thinking of me. I love him. He makes me smile. 🙂


With more positivity, I made the drive to the store for my coffee before I headed off to work. As soon as I got into the store, I immediately felt a hot flash and lightheadedness coming on. I quickly made my coffee, avoided small talk, and sat out in my car. Snap out of it Kimmiecakes. It took a bit of time but I finally made my journey to work. I was grateful that I spent the day before doing most of my work, as I was sweating like crazy and was having a hard time even sitting there. I stripped down to a tank top and did what I could before heading to the hospital for my dressing change.


My vitals were good. I had a blood draw and had it for the first time in ions 100% NORMAL! I could hear the song, “Hallelujah” playing in my head very loudly as there is always SOMETHING that is off. How about that. Great to see that my body is not hurting from the antibiotics, and there isn’t any infections from my open dressing for my powerline. 


I went with the clear tegaderm this time to see if it would help my skin heal. Stylin’ 🙂


I felt a lot better after laying on the comfy hospital bed (I may have to steal one when no one is looking!), and decided to go back to work and do whatever I could so I would not fall behind. I had a small burst of energy and was telling my friend that I had plans of going through my drawers and donating clothes, and putting ones that I want to keep in storage. I desperately need to get this done, plus I have winter clothes that I am sure a lot of people need. 


When I got home, that all sounded a little overwhelming and the couch seemed much more appealing. So couch it was. A small dinner as I wasn’t really hungry and waited for round two and starting my IV Zithro drip. I felt terrible. So nausous. my head felt full, like my eyes were going to pop out of my head. An extreme wave of exhaustion. Eff you Zithro. It was a night that I told Dave to bring a puke bag to me. Mind-over matter, mind-over matter. I layed down on my side as I felt like if I moved my neck or head too much it would trigger a vomiting response lol. Spendid. 


I was relieved when my IV finally finished. As soon as I unhooked and flushed it, I laid back down on the couch, and passed right out for a few hours. Dave woke me up at 9, which I was kind of mad about since it was late to be napping, but he told me to not pick and choose as I really need the sleep and I am up all night anyways. The nausea subsided and I finished the rest of my antibiotics. 


The sleep helped and I realized I needed to take advantage of the online deals for my nephew, order some medical supplies, as well as book my hotel and flights that I should have done 3 weeks ago. Done, done, and done! And I was happy that Dave was still up to make sure my reservations were correct as I seem to mess them up in some way, shape, or form, and everything is all set for my next trip to DC. 


I am already nervous about the trip, but I will just have to see how the rest of these 3 weeks go. 


After I got everything I needed done, I decided to put away the credit card as some of us Lymies can have obsessive compulsive tendencies, and I didn’t want to end up with any more clothes that I don’t need, junk… another puppy. Who knows what goes on in my head sometimes. 🙂


4 thoughts on “December Part One – “Just Making Sure You are Okay”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s