April Part 3 – Dude, Where’s My Car?!


Thursday was Flagyl day. Yayyyy! Just kidding. I chased down my meds of the morning with a glass of almond milk to get rid of that awful metallic flavor lingering in my mouth after taking the Flagyl pill. 


It wasn’t long after I started feeling nauseas. Really? Is this how it is going to be? I decided to get what is possibly much better than medicine, my hangover sandwich. It seemed to make the nausea go right away. So more watering mouth, no more burping up, or the feeling like I am about to dry heave. 🙂 


The agenda of the day was to get my dressing change done, and bloodwork. It ended up being a baby version of my last really big one nearly a year ago. Dr J is still trying to rule out other things that might be holding me back from getting better along the way. Dave was telling him about my near narcoleptic evenings, when I am in mid conversation then fall right asleep, and I think Dr J is trying to find out if there is another bacteria, vitamin deficiency, thyroid problem that might be causing my extreme exhaustion. Any other information that could be a missing piece to the puzzle. Honestly, I am kind of hoping they do find something in the bloodwork, as it might be something easy to treat and make things turn around quickly and I feel a lot better. The paper was pretty checkered for things that needed to be done, so I will have to just wait and see.


After my bloodwork and dressing change were done, I walked out to the parking lot and found my car. I kept hitting the button on my keys to unlock my door, but it wasn’t working. Uh oh. Why isn’t this working?! Maybe it’s already unlocked? Nope! What am I going to do?! I kept hitting the button and trying to see if it would unlock. Then I realized.. that wasn’t my car. My car was two spaces down. Wow. I felt like an idiot, and was really glad the owner of that car didn’t come out and think I was trying to steal their car. LOL 


I decided to swing by work and get a few things done, as I was obviously not having a great start, so I wasn’t sure how I would fare on Friday. I did a few easy but tim consuming things, then headed right on home. I was tired. Dirty clothes were piled up on the floor, and all the floors were filthy. I got upset when I finally mind over mattered myself into getting up to switch the laundry over, so I would at least have some clean clothes, just to find that I had never turned the dryer on switching over my last load. Grr!


I watched Grey’s, did a little writing, and called it an early night. This week has been a lot of early nights and I can’t say I hate it. Friday is the bomb day. My throw everything that you can at me to kill the bastards day, so I needed to be ready.  


I procrastinated in the morning to get going for the day. The beginnings of the day were Ributin, which frightened me for the week because it can turn anything orange, Diflucan, and my beloved friend Flagyl. I played on Facebook, paced around the house and took my time getting ready, anything but take my pills. Then I just couldn’t procrastinate anymore, and got a glass of almond milk, and took my pills. It took three tries to get down my Flagyl pill. I think my body was rejecting it because it is just plain evil. 


I had a very very long drive to work. My pals were all kicking in at once. I was feeling really out of it, and I started to get really hot and sweaty. My body didn’t seem like it was attached to me, I felt like I was above it, controlling it like a puppet. On my way to work, I completely forgot where I was. Did I pass the road I am suppose to take? It felt like I was going so slow, even though I was going the speed limit. The houses were unrecognizable to me, even though I had traveled that way for over 20 years. 


I usually don’t have to make this call, but I finally made it to my work with the drive that felt like it was forever, I pulled in and didn’t go further into their town to get the mail. I was asked why I didn’t get the mail and told my Dad it was not a good day. As soon as I got there, I sat on their couch, and chatted with my Mom, but I honestly can’t remember any of the conversation. All I do remember is that I felt like I was hearing myself talk, but not comprehending what I was saying. I kept forgetting things half way thru a thought, and had to pause and try to remember what I was going to say. I felt like I was completely high, and kept resting the back of my head on the couch, as it seemed heavy and I felt like I would have been doing the “bobble head” if I didn’t rest it for awhile.


Getting some work done was a task of it’s own. I somehow managed to get through entering all the invoices and print them out to have my work checked. There was only a few checks in the mail that my Dad ended up having to get, and so I finished a deposit and getting the information into the computer. I usually start stapling, putting them into envelopes, and figuring out the profit and loss for the day, but I just had to go home. 


Although I was still out of sorts, I felt better than I did a few hours before, and skipped my errands, just going to the drive thru at the bank for work. As soon as I got home, I laid right down. I had a whopper of a headache, making both of my eyebrows hurt.  I texted Dave and asked him if he would pick up Chinese food if I called it in. “Of course! Anything for my queen.” LOL At least he knows his place in the relationship. 😉 


Eggrolls, crab ran goons, pork fried rice, and Marinol later, I was ready to go on my night time IVs. Everything hit me pretty hard, leaving me disappointed, as Dr J was specfically looking for less reactivity, and this certainly wasn’t it. I already knew it was looking like I wasn’t going to get my line out, but it felt like another slap in the face to remind me it wasn’t going to happen. 


I finished my IVs, and went to tuck Dave into bed. I couldn’t feel my toes, but my thighs were absolutely excruciating. Dave always likes to try to cop a feel of my butt when I tuck him in, and I screamed out in pain as he gently braised my thigh standing next to him, holding onto the bed so I wouldn’t fall over. He told me to come over and he could try to get the knots out of my legs, but the pain has just too much. I was sure a warm bath or shower the next morning, as I had nothing left for the day, would loosen everything up, and it would go away.


My first week was complete. It wasn’t really what I was expecting and is disappointing, but I am okay. When I look at the big picture, I know things are coming out of hiding, and my body is fighting it head on. It is a process, and it is working. 


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s