June Part 10- A Case of the Mondays


Monday began week two of my new oral protocol for the month. I was looking forward to this week less as I would be adding Cipro with my other antibiotic, and I haven’t tolerated it very well in the past orally. I was hoping that being on the IV form would “take the edge off” and make me a little less nauseas.


I woke up already feeling like I was dehydrated yesterday, so I started off with a bottle of water before I even did anything for the day. I know the Omnicef poops, or whatever else is going on inside me (hopefully it is just an antibiotic side effect..) is contributing to being dehydrated, but it is also starting to get really warm outside which probably doesn’t help. Dave REALLY needs to get cracking’ on getting the AC ready..


Just like always, about an hour after I took my antibiotics, I became really loopy, light headed, and sort of “out of body”. I am sure I would have felt really depersonalized if I had a conversation with someone, but being alone at work, there wasn’t really a way to tell. I accomplished next to nothing at work, and was home by noontime as my brain was fried and I would have made a million mathematical errors if I had tried to do anything else other than lick envelopes and slap some stamps on them.


When I got home from work, I tried to push through and take Cooper for a little walk, as I am bring to get him to walk on a leash better. I didn’t make it very far, as I really was beginning not to feel good. I think the heat was really getting to me as well, as Cipro is a “stay away from the sun” antibiotic. At least it is a sure way to get a tan VERY quickly.


I got a phone call as soon as we went inside to cool off, and I got a call from my gynecologist about my ultrasound. You know, the ultrasound that I thought there was nothing to worry about, as I never heard anything back from her for over a month? Yeah.. that one. Apparently she suffered a back injury and had been out of work this entire time. Why the files never got put on someone else’s desk is beyond me.. and beyond frustrating as what if it was something super serious and I had to wait a month? Or what if something serious popped up on someone else’s test results? Ugh…


I was told I need to see a specialist..which I will be seeing tomorrow. Hopefully it is STILL nothing to worry about but not going to lie it is a bit nerve racking. So wish me luck on that one!


My second phone call that really sucks is that my port removal might not be covered by my insurance. I am really hoping it’s just a miscommunication on the hospital’s part (it sounds like it is), as they said there was no doctor that ordered it, even though the doctor still performed the procedure, as well as I was being billed for anesthesia when I only had lidocaine. Needless to say, it has been a stressful couple of days.


Today really wasn’t too bad! I have had a bit of a headache and just kind of groggy and achy, but completely tolerable. Gayle said my circulation was actually much better than she had seen on me, but I definitely was having some lymph issues and a lot of inflammation. She focused on that for the day, and my headache disappeared. I was contributing it to dehydration, but it must have been a toxicity issue.


I did stress even more checking the mail when I got home from Gayle’s office as I got my “press release” from Dr J’s office. Some of the information wasn’t correct on there, which included that I was getting hormone treatments here at home from Dr S (I have no friggin clue). I hate when something like that isn’t right on my paperwork, as I know Dr S reads my papers so I don’t want to look like I am giving false information. I also don’t want Dr J thinking I am getting some sort of treatments I don’t know about here at home.. All I can think of is telling Dr J that I talked to Dr S about my ultrasound and Dr S thought that maybe hormones were causing my issues. Oy. In addition to that, my weight was wrong on my chart. Dave said that they must have thought I was a bit heavier than what the scale said. LOL. Butthead.


I made my first dinner this week after getting back my results from the Alcat testing. It was a little harder than I thought! I am a spice addict, so trying to make a chile without half the spices I normally use was a pain. It turned out just as good, however, as I can tell by how many trips back to the kitchen for more Dave makes. I think he was up to three and then called it quits. I would say it was just as good. 😉


Tonight I am going to just try not to worry about the rest of this week. I have a lot of things I need to do, between my doctor appointment tomorrow, a visit with Dr S, and a vet appointment. That is A LOT for me to take on right now. I am actually pretty scared knowing I have two more days of treatment this week, and it is making me all anxiety ridden on top of what is already on my plate. I guess I will need to not worry about the “what ifs”, take a deep breath and stay positive, because that is the only way to get through all of this.

4 thoughts on “June Part 10- A Case of the Mondays

  1. Good luck with everything. Try to take one day at a time for now. Now if only I could follow my own advice. lol Of course with Lyme, it can be one minute at a time. Hang in there!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s