July Part 6 – Leaps and Bounds


The “hangover herx” never went away on Saturday. Dave picked us up take out for dinner and rented a movie which was completely fine by me. Usually when I try to do something when I am already really not doing well is generally when I will have some sort of seizure or will pass out. I just hoped that the terrible day after treatment would improve and I could enjoy my one and only Sunday off for the month.


My prayers were answered because Sunday was a much better day. I was still not feeling great when I got up (but I guess I haven’t felt great in years and am not really sure what that feels like anymore, hence going through treatment..), but it was a night and day difference in how I felt the day before. Dave was gone for the day so I was on my own. No dogs = great opportunity to wash the floors… which was long past due so I was happy to feel up to doing it. 


I looked at the clock once I finished and it was only 10:00. What to do, what to do. I swear I feel lost without Dave around when I have a day off. I wanted to push myself a little further. Okay a lot further. Especially after feeling the way I did the day before. I wanted to be reminded that I am still going in the right direction.


I got in the car, got my coffee, returned the movie, and just wanted to keep driving. I drove the next town over to their Hannaford’s Supermarket. A very long drive for me. I didn’t stop there though, I did all our grocery shopping! This store is much bigger than the little store in my town that I have made it through once on my own to pick up a few things, and have been trying to go regularly with Dave to get back into the world a bit. 


By the end of my shopping I found myself starting to get a little dizzy, but I was still okay. Still in one piece. I paid for my things, put them in my car and made my way back home. Pulling into my driveway I was beaming. It hasn’t been since my diagnosis in 2012 that I have made this trip. This was a HUGE step for me. Also a reminder that I am indeed going in the right direction.


I took care of my things and kept it low key for the rest of the day. I was exhausted and the pain was really setting in. For the evening I was definitely rattled up from my big adventure, as I began to tic quite a bit while we were watching TV. If these things were the worst of my repercussions of having my independence, it was 100% worth it. 


Today began week 2 of this cycle of treatment for me. I haven’t been looking forward to it at all, but I know another day down is another day closer to my two week break. Everything went alright until about 20 minutes until I was ready to leave work. I made nearly to my house until I realized I forgot my bank bag for work as well as bills that needed to be mailed out. Darnit. Obviously my memory was a little fuzzy, but I was also sweating like crazy, loopy, and my joints began to ache. 


I had an appointment with a dermatologist in town within an hour from the time I got home, but was able to head back to work and grab everything that this scatterbrain forgot. It began to give me major anxiety, however, as my town’s traffic has been crazy and I didn’t want to be late. I hate being late. :\


Today I got sclerotherapy treatment to try to alleviate some of the awkward pain in my calves, help with circulation, as well as make them a lot more aesthetically appealing. I thought that I had varicose veins, caused by my blood clotting disorder, but it turns out after talking to the doctor that they were something similar to them, only do not bulge. Also hereditary and nothing to do with having Factor 5. Thanks Mommy and Daddy dearest. :p


Several pokes and some compression socks later, I no longer have old lady legs. HOORAY! Once the bruising goes away I am hoping this will help out some. If not, at least they will look better. 


I was told to walk a little bit after my procedure, so I thought it was a good opportunity to run a couple of errands. I was pretty excited going into a little convenience store next to the post office that was open that they had coconut water, as no place seems to have it around here. After that, I cooked a big dinner and have finally stopped for the day. 


Although there was a couple of hours that really weren’t fun, I did much better this round than my last yet again. Less reactivity is always a good thing! I am hoping for no hangover herx tomorrow and to finish out this week really strong. It’s going to be a busy one so I at least need to be strong. 🙂


6 thoughts on “July Part 6 – Leaps and Bounds

  1. You are such a strong person for us to look up to! Never give up, you always push yourself… Keep going honey, you are kicking its ass!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s