July Part 9 – Start of the Holiday


I am now on an antibiotic break for two weeks. Yahoo! Sometimes it is a great thing, and sometimes not so great, so I am waiting to see how this pans out. This is the time that Dr J really looks at, so my fingers and toes are crossed that it will go well. He calls this time off a holiday, I am not really sure why, as it can end up completely miserable for some.  I will have one more round I believe.. maybe two until I go back to DC for my next visit, so I would like to go back with as much good news as possible. I have in my head that he will not require me to go back for another 6 months, even though I know that is pretty unlikely. Wishful thinking. 


I woke up on Saturday (after getting to sleep in for a little bit! ) with oral thrush and a ton of stomach pain. Ahhhh! What did I do, what did I do??! Oh yeah.. I remember.. my frozen yogurt I had been looking forward to. It was delicious, by the way. I just had to pay the price. I think cutting back drastically on sugar, as well as my broad spectrum antibiotic caused a major candida reaction overnight. Diflucan and my disgusting anti-fungal tincture from Dr S to the rescue!


Work went alright. I got all my ducks in a row, since I knew Dave wasn’t home anyway to spend some time with him, for Sunday and Mondays work. I stopped by to visit S on my way home, and it was nice to catch up. Saturday nights are usually our time to do a double date for dinner, but I was pretty incapacitated the week before, and I knew she had family plans for the evening.


Dave and I went to dinner right down the road once he got home, as my other best friend was working there for the evening. I ate really light, as my stomach was still not cooperating with me, but we tried to get in and out of there as quickly as possible. There was a large party going on, and they were LOUD. 


I can’t handle loud. Too many voices around me makes my neurological symptoms flare and I go downhill pretty quickly. It is one of my neurological downfalls that hasn’t seemed to get any better. My head was spinning, my eyes began to blur, my head was pounding, and my body felt like a limp noodle. Yup.. time to head home. 


I suckered Dave into Lifetime movies for the evening before we went to bed. He is a good guy. 🙂 


Sunday I was back to work. I felt like I had run a marathon, as my legs and thighs were killing me. Almost like that feeling if you are on an elliptical machine for a very long time at its highest resistance. Only I spent the evening on the couch. Boo. I knew I was having a Bartonella herx as the soles of my feet hurt like hell. Needless to say, I spent the day walking around like I shit my pants. LOL


Dave had told me in the morning to write a list to go to Walmart when I got out of work, and I handed it to him when I got home. He started cracking up laughing, as the list was really about me, I forgot the one thing we needed, pet food, and it didn’t include a whole lot of grocery shopping. 


My list consisted of: Jergen’s tinted moisturizer, hair conditioner, neon nail polish, a couple veggies (yes, that was the exact wording on my list), chips, and earrings. Needless to say we would have starved to death, as we would have only had “a couple veggies” and chips to eat for the week. I think I should leave it up to him to write any shopping lists from that day forward. 


As soon as Dave saw me when I got home, he knew we weren’t going to be able to make it out of town. I was beyond exhausted from working that morning. It was okay though, as he wasn’t feeling to hot himself. He gets a lot of pain much like I do, but the joys of possibly losing independence and finances, not to mention only I could afford health insurance have held us back from him paying a visit to Dr S. I feel like it might be my fault, as we now know that Lyme is sexually transmitted. 


He has had quite a few bites though (we never knew about tick testing or preventative measures), so we really don’t know. He is as stubborn as a mule (that’s the saying, right? Or is it an ox? lol sorry bear with me, I am pretty tired writing this afternoon), so I know I will probably have to do some forcing to get him through Dr S’s doors when I am in one piece again. 


Today I slept in a little bit again.. I MIGHT have forgotten to set my alarm. MIGHT have forgotten being the key. I had little to do office wise and wanted to focus on a bit of organizing, so it wasn’t a dire need for me to be there first thing in the morning. I ended up being much earlier than I would have six months ago, so I was still happy and didn’t feel completely guilty for getting the extra sleep. 


My thrush and stomach issues seem to have gone away, which is great! I know I really need to be careful with my sugar intake. No frozen yogurt for me for awhile. 😦 I know detox and being on candida watch will be my project for the next two weeks. 


Has any of you done a candida cleanse? Just want to make sure it is safe for Lymies, and I really don’t know a lot about it. I know you can buy one over Amazon? I will be doing the same protocol when I get back to my treatment, so I want to make sure I am off to the best start that I can. 


Dinner is in the oven, I am having a little more energy today, and I might even try to organize my house or fold laundry later. A clean house is a happy house! 🙂 


Although things haven’t been perfect, I am really happy that the first days off of my antibiotics were nothing like my first week of treatment. I am fine. I have some fun plans during this mini vacation, so I don’t have time to be sick! Okay.. I know I will be sick either way but I want this to be as enjoyable as possible as I feel like I need that right now. I am being positive, so I know things will turn out alright. 🙂 


Happy Monday everyone!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s