August Part 6 – Finishing Strong


Wednesday was one of those days that you wish you could just fast forward to the moment when you finally hit your pillow at night. It was my second treatment day this week. I hate to say it but I was feeling a little pessimistic, for the fact that this week symptom wise hasn’t been a complete disaster, so I felt like I was a ticking time bomb for it to all hit. It never really did though, nothing like usual so I was pretty grateful.

On my way to work, I was kind of in a daze, and was obviously oblivious to how fast I was going, as coming in the other direction was a police car, and on came the blues. God damnit. It was one of those situations when I saw him it was already too late, and I pretty much started to pull over as soon as I saw him.

He got out of the car, and I actually remained calm. Really calm. Maybe it was all my meds, the fact that I had just popped an Ativan. Weeeeee! Just kidding. Anyways, I gave him my license and registration, and the first thing he asks me is how fast I was going. “42?” “No, I have you clocked at 45 Ma’am. Do you know the speed limit on this road?” “Umm… 35?” “No Ma’am, this road is a 30.” God damnit! I am definitely getting a ticket… He asked if I had ever been pulled over in this town, and I had said that I wasn’t, and he then took my license and registration and headed toward the cruiser.

Not going to lie, I was still really calm. I even tried to take a selfie with the cop car’s light show behind me. LOL. Usually my heart would be racing in any sort of instance like this, as I do not get into trouble. He then came back to my car, and had told me I was indeed pulled over in 2009, and asked where it was in my town. GOD DAMNIT! NOW HE IS GOING TO THINK I AM A LIAR!!! LYME BRAIN!!! Okay now I am definitely getting a ticket. Lying to a cop. Greaaaatttt… I then told him I had forgotten, as it was back in 2009, and that it was a verbal citation on the road I live on, literally like two houses down the road. I accelerated heavily leaving my house I guess! Someway somehow, he told me that I was all set, and to watch my speed. Wow. What a relief.

My coworker got quite a laugh at me when I told him about getting pulled over, and was a little mad that he was going slower than me in the same exact spot and got a ticket. As Dave said about the pull over, “You got off for one reason. You have tits and a vagina.” Fair enough. Whatever keeps me from getting a ticket! Speed racer Kimmie will have to pay a little more attention, as I know I won’t be as lucky if it happens again.

While trying to get my work done in the office, I got my thumb jammed in the stapler. No, I am not an idiot, I swear. That sucker came down while I was refilling it. I looked down to see a sliced thumb and the nail was split about halfway down. Wahhhhhhh!!!!! A little filing and some nail polish I hope will do the trick until it grows back out.

So I guess my morning wasn’t really Lyme related. Just bad luck. A little spacey, I still seemed to feel alright. I was really wiped out when I got home from work, and spent the afternoon hanging out with the dogs inside, as it was pouring out.

I have felt the depression beginning to fade, which is a huge relief. It is definitely treatment, the bugs, or the toxins that are really getting to me. Things were really bad, and it makes me happy that I am in a much better place mentally. All I can do is hope that I don’t feel that way again, and if I do that it isn’t worse than the time before. Only time will tell, it is just a very scary thing.

I hung out on the couch until it was time to go to bed at night, and I was glad that nothing else happened for the rest of the day. No other episodes. I couldn’t believe that treatment did not seem all that harsh for the day. I started feeling sore, mostly spinal pain at the end of the day, but I was not in a vegetable state, or feeling completely out of sorts.

Today I was feeling pretty unmotivated, and a little afraid as I had to bring Cooper to the vet at 3:45, which is actually really late for me to be driving. I tend to do best between around 9 and 2. Too early in the morning after that I seem to be at my worst. I was also afraid as I was going to find out how his heart murmur is doing.

I did a few little dub things in the office for the day, then headed home. As soon as I pulled into my driveway, *BARF*! That happened rather quickly… nausea came and went in about 10 seconds. I felt fine after that, very weird. At least it went away! I did some cleaning until it was time to bring Cooper to the vets.

She told me that the murmur seemed much lighter. They should be able to neuter him, but will take a little extra precaution and give him an EKG the day of his appointment. I was so happy that there was an improvement. I know what it is like to have a chronically sick dog, and it is absolutely heartbreaking. He should be okay. 🙂

I got a little dizzy at the vets and sat in my car for a bit before I went home. I made a pit stop to get a dinner I know is not Lyme friendly, and terrible for me, a buffalo chicken wrap with extra bleu cheese, and onion rings. I stuffed my face as soon as I got home. I was feeling pretty empty after my driveway puke.

I am paying for my dinner dearly now. It was entirely too much gluten for me, as well as knowing I have a mild dairy and onion intolerance. I also have a moderate intolerance to Cayenne, but I really don’t know if that is in Buffalo sauce or not. I am just going to go with the assumption it is, as I feel like I was hit by a self induced fire truck. My throat is sore, my glands are swollen, and the reason for being gluten free, as it is an inflammatory food, is proving to be very true.

Oy. It was sooooo good though! It just seems unfair that I can’t eat  anything I want to anymore. A little gluten has been okayed by my doctor, like eating something to stop nausea, but I don’t think he meant that I should have a free-for-all with all things unhealthy. Lesson learned. At least for today.

It at least gives me a good reason to get a neck rub from Dave tonight, and possibly a foot rub as there is definitely some pain issues that are far more exacerbated from my poor decisions.

Tomorrow is my last day of treatment for the next two weeks. I feel like it has gone by really fast, even though the first week was absolute torture. I think no matter what a little celebration will be in order for another round down. I think a Saturday date night is in my near future. 🙂

2 thoughts on “August Part 6 – Finishing Strong

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s