September Part 3 – Onto Week Two


As you know, it was my two year anniversary of treatment on Sunday. I was a little depressed, but in retrospect, it is not nearly as long as many Lymie’s have undergone treatment, and many haven’t had their moments of blue skies and have absolutely no end in sight. I know I have a long way to go with treatment in order to reach some level of remission (I was told I would likely never 100% recover due to the severity of my illness), but I am positive I am going to prove them wrong. One day.

In case if you missed my two year anniversary entry..   I am nearly positive you didn’t miss it though because you love me and follow me religiously! 😉

This weekend was hard. I was not only filled with toxins, the little bugs were having quite the party in me. I was not only attacking spirochete and the cyst form of Lyme, I have been working on hitting biofilm. Not to mention those pesky coinfections. Yup. A fun little party. 

Saturday was my worst day. I was foggy, my fever was back, and I was in so much pain. I just wanted to curl up in a ball, and make it all go away. My best friend offered to meet up for a drink in the evening, but I didn’t even want to move. Everything was spinning, and I knew just sitting in a restaurant for a few minutes would be too much. Needless to say, there were no dinner plans or leaving the house. I was pretty bummed as I miss my friends as they have all been busy, and being limited going out to dinner is really my current “getaway”. I really look forward to it. 

Sunday I felt a little better, which was a relief. I was no longer completely miserable, and I think part of it was my fever finally subsided. Taking my picture in the morning was not the wisest decision, as I could feel my heart beating out of my chest, was dizzy, and I kind of felt like my body was floating. I decided since it was my day off, I should do some cleaning, especially after seeing how bad my closet was trying to pull out the giant trash bag of my pills over a mountain of clothes and shoes, and after about 20 minutes of organizing, I could do nothing but sit on the floor. Go away illness! Doesn’t it know it is my day off?! I laid on the couch for awhile, and everything began to clear. I think it was just too much to do in the morning. 

I wanted to be somewhat productive (I kind of gave up on the closet idea….), especially considering Dave was outside painting the house, so I decided to go to the grocery store. I did a full shopping list, and was able to carry everything inside on my own, including large bags of dog food and a case of water. That is pretty darn good for me, I will take it. Being able to do these types of things really is a good feeling. Although these tasks still are not easy, they seem to be getting easier and easier as time goes on. Progress. 

By late afternoon, I was wiped out. I ended up falling asleep on the couch at around 4:00, and at nearly 8:00 Dave woke me up, knowing I would not be able to go to sleep when I was suppose to. He was right. Wide awake. The full moon was also out, and that did not help anything. I have read somewhere that Lyme’s growth cycle is around the full and new moon, so that probably didn’t help.

Monday I started treatment again. A different protocol than week one, so I didn’t know how my body was going to react. I did fairly well, especially considering I started without any sleep the night before. It was one of those mornings that your eyes are completely dry, and you have a hangover headache. Coffee. Ahhh… much better.

I was a little loopy at work, but I felt alright. I was able to get everything I needed done, and decided to relax when I got home. I was surprised I didn’t have a dramatic reaction to starting treatment, as the first day is usually a really tough one. It was hard getting ready for bed at night, as I did begin to feel really dizzy, so I kept my shower very short. Sorry folks lol. At least I was able to take one I suppose. I think a stool for the tub is going to be in my future.. 

Today is an off treatment day. Once again, I didn’t get a lot of sleep, so I felt pretty hangoverish this morning. I forgot my seizure meds once again, so just as I was about to pull into work, back to my house I went. Note to self = keep some seizure meds in my car. Problem solved. 

It was massage day, and Gayle really worked on getting my lymphatic system up and running again. Sniffle sniffle. Yup. It is working again. 🙂 There was so much to do after I was done, I just wanted to go home! My gas tank was below the empty line, I had a check to deposit at the bank, I needed to pick up a few things at the pharmacy, and I needed to vote for the primaries. You don’t have the right to complain unless you get your butt out there and vote! 

I got a funny look from the police officer handing the woman my ballot, at that point I was really tired, and I began to have my usual walk like I shit my pants. I hope he didn’t think I was drunk… at least he didn’t come running after me with a breathalyzer. After getting back into my car from voting, I devastatingly sat on my pair of favorite sunglasses. Ack. Blinded. I am very sun sensitive, and the visor is pretty much useless. I made it to the pharmacy and luckily they had pairs to choose from, but no where near my adorable pair of aviators. *Sigh*

Now I am home. I made it. Hooray! The only task left today is to make dinner, and watch Lifetime movies. I am back to treatment again tomorrow, and my fingers are crossed that it goes the same as Monday. Perfect no, but tolerable. Tolerable is a wonderful thing. 🙂 



8 thoughts on “September Part 3 – Onto Week Two

  1. Happy anniversary, LOL. For me, one of the worst things about this disease is the learning curve. It is so hard to get all this stuff into my brain-fogged brain. On top of that, when I started I was a fibromyalgia/thyroid/allergy blogger, and then it turned out the fibro was caused by Lyme. I’m reading Dr. H’s book and I try to keep up with articles and blogs such as yours, but I feel like I’m swimming through an ocean of information. It doesn’t help that much of the information is contradictory. Do you ever feel like you have a handle on things?

    • Miss Diagnoses, Kimmie is quite the guru of Lyme an co-infections. If she could prescribe medicine she would be my doctor. So, regardless of what she says about her having a handle on things, she understands the mechanics of this disease like no other.

    • I never had a handle on things BEFORE all of this lol. I don’t think anyone really does, all you can do is do the best you can. I haven’t been able to read a book since after about the first month of treatment. I don’t have the focus, and really big paragraphs and small fonts are really hard still. Don’t forget, just do what you can!

  2. Person Next to You (to me?), that is good to know! Kimmie, I will call you “Dr. K” in the Lymie tradition of only using initials. 🙂 I am writing up my questions for my LLMD appt. tomorrow … please send me positive thoughts that he does not add Rifampin. My friend had bad psych symptoms on it. The other one I am afraid of is Levaquin, because I already have tendonitis and don’t need any more tendon problems, thank you very much. :-/

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s