November Part 25 – Week One Down, Two to Go!

Turkey day! I had a lot of things to be thankful for that I remind myself of everyday, so it really was just that. Another day. But with family and good food. No matter what, although I can get sad or discouraged, I have chosen to remain happy and positive because that is a choice you can make no matter where your life takes you and I know that there is so much that this world has to offer. Rose-colored glasses? Maybe. I just think that way. That’s me.


Dave had tried to get me out of bed a few times but I was so comfy and was enjoying the extra sleep. About the third or fourth time of him coming in to bug me, I finally got my butt out of bed to begin the day.


We went over to my in-laws for an early dinner. Since I have finished my shitty Coartem protocol, my appetite has come back. Good, because I love food and was ready to eat! 🙂 I ate a decent amount of food, but nothing like my Thanksgiving day “Man vs. Food” extravaganza a few years ago. I weighed myself before and after my meal that year, and gained a whopping nine pounds. LOL. Man, well, woman, won that one. 😉 Oink. 


We stayed a few hours after our meal, talking and having a nice visit, but around 4:00 I was so ready to go home. Kimmiecakes was done for the day. ZzZZZ. And so we went home. It is a long drive and I just about fell asleep on my way home. 


Dave did Black Friday shopping while I stayed home. I called my parents to wish them a happy holiday, and they said I sounded absolutely beat. They were correct. I spent the rest of the night watching Lifetime movies as it was their “Angst Giving” marathon while Dave was gone, while stuffing my face a little more. Midnight snack, or another feast.. either way. A giant heap of mashed potatoes and gravy.. possibly more gravy than potatoes, with some turkey. Good thing I don’t have a gallbladder anymore because I certainly would have had to have it taken out after that! Then I topped it off with two big slices of pumpkin pie. Gasp! Not gluten free! I was so good with adhering to a gluten free diet, but my best friend brought over the pie for Dave, and that pie spoke to me in the fridge. With a full belly, I hit the hay. Yup… my appetite was definitely back!


On Friday, my schedule was still all thrown off. I was the only one that had to go to work that day. Geez, that sucks! I took advantage and slept in, with no alarm set, as it didn’t really matter what time I showed up. I could certainly use the extra sleep. The first thing I decided to do when I got up was to weigh myself, after my unnecessary midnight glutton fest, and was surprised that I didn’t gain a single pound. Ahhh, the joys of antibiotics. Or Lyme? 


It was an IV day. I took a Marinol but a little too late.  I always try to take my anti-nausea medication before my bombing of antibiotics, but since I took my pills after the fact, I was a little queasy. I was still wiped out from Turkey day, even though I had the extra sleep, probably from the traveling, socializing, antibiotics, and of course eating the pie that I was not suppose to eat. 


As soon as I got to work, I had to sit on the couch for a few minutes. Hot, cold, hot, cold. Ok.. freezing! The fogginess was still there, as I was right that it would come back after my moment of clarity a few days prior. Luckily, I didn’t have a whole lot to do except enter invoices to bill out to customers, so it was a quick work day. 


When I got home, Dave put up our little Christmas tree. I call it our Charlie Brown tree, as it looked nothing like the picture on the box, but it will do. I didn’t know fake trees shed too? LOL No decorations yet, as they were still in the attic which is a project to get into, but I was sure that with a lot of lights and decorations it would end up looking okay.  


To be honest, I don’t really care about Christmas this year (bah humbug!), but maybe with decorations and pretty lights I thought I would gain some holiday cheer and get into the spirit. This is the first year, even though I was much sicker last year, that I just don’t feel like shopping (even though online), and it even causes me anxiety as I am one of those people that put a ton of thought into everything I give. We don’t have the money. I don’t have the energy. So Dave took care of a lot of those worries this year. 🙂 I know that’s not the true meaning of Christmas, but it certainly does cause stress. 


In the evening, it was time for my second round of antibiotics and my beloved Zithro IV. I was Lyme ragey towards Dave. All I wanted to do was argue with him. I honestly couldn’t tell you why, as there wasn’t a particular reason, but I was just annoyed by him. Poor Dave. I can certainly be rotten to him sometimes.


After my second round, I felt pretty cruddy. My legs were in terrible pain until my feet, which I lost feeling in again. This seems to be a common occurrence with this protocol and I will have to talk to Dr J. about it. I am hoping this won’t effect my length of time I have to have my IV in, but I need to do what I need to do. I couldn’t sit upright because I was so nauseas and uncomfortable, so I laid down and watched movies. 


Other than a light protocol of Lactoferrin and Xylitol over the weekend to bust up some biofilm, I had a weekend of freedom once again. One week down, two to go!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s